Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Scrapping away... and a very clever idea.



I've been so enjoying doing these scrapbook pages, I am loving the old, yet urban feel of these. They are going up onto my Etsy shop today. I have decided that the postage from South Africa makes posting anything completely overpriced - is it just me - or am I not looking in the right places? So I will be concentrating on digital designs for a while. My stationary is still post-able within South Africa though, so might keep it on for local shoppers.

Back in the days when I was a 'wet behind the ears' teen I spent many a day listening to Bread, Abba or Bananarama on my trusty old tape deck. Wham, the Police and good old Billy Joel too. Remember how one had to place the tape deck next to the radio to tape the latest hit?
Well have a look at this clever little bit of upcycling from a company called Contexture Design
These guys are recycling old cassette tapes and making them into iPod Nano cases, the nostalgia of tapes with the convenience of iPod! Now that's my kind of intelligent design!

1 comment:

  1. how clever to use the old for the new, Bread was one of my favorites way back when.....
    really think you are on the right track with the papers

    ReplyDelete